Friday, March 2, 2012

Empty Tomb Garden

I have seen these at garden stores and I have always wanted to make my own.

I bought 1 large flat pot for the base and 1 small pot for the tomb.  I borrowed small rocks from my cousin's garden (aren't they pretty?) and one large rock for the stone that the angel rolled away.  We also collected small sticks for the crosses that I hot glued and tied string around.

When the garden is created how you wish, pour grass seed over the soil, then cover the seed with more soil.  Water with a spray bottle daily to watch the grass grow.

My little disciples will soon "mow" the grass with scissors.

Before the grass grew...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kaylee! I just found your neat blog a few days ago. I have had fun looking around. I wanted to let you know that I love this idea so much! I posted about it today and linked back to your blog. This kiddos and I are heading to the garden shop to get the materials to make our own today. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! Loved your blog. I have never heard of Sensory Processing Disorder...so interesting.

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty, and what a wonderful way to teach children the story of Easter.

    ReplyDelete