Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Milk Jug Window Craft

Just like a caterpillar, Jesus was created into a new life.  We have been learning about the butterfly life cycle for the past 3 weeks.  I ordered them from Insect Lore Shop and we now have Monarch Butterflies!  Because it's been raining for the last 3 days (ugh), I have been trying to think of crafts to do with the kids.
Milk Jug Window Craft
First, I cleaned out empty milk jugs and cut them into large pieces.
Next, we found a picture of a Monarch Butterfly from a book to trace.

I cut out the butterfly when my oldest disciple was done, then taped it to the window with Scotch Tape.
Then, I cut out crosses to color as well. 
Older kids would be able to make a Stained Glass Cross design, but my kids were too young to care:)
Last, we now have a beautiful window craft to look at.  Can you tell how cloudy and rainy it is? (ugh)
For more butterfly ideas click on Butterfly Life Cycle Snack and Butterfly Tic Tac Toe

No comments:

Post a Comment