Monday, March 19, 2012

Scratch-Off Paint Gender Revealing

 Our 3rd littlest disciple will be arriving in August!  We always find out the baby's gender (my husband and I are annoyingly organized and prepared people), and then just announce to our family in person or a phone call.  But we wanted to do something different and fun this time.

I recently saw a post from No Time For Flash Cards website over Scratch-Off Chore Chart.  I thought a scratch-off card would be a perfect way to reveal the baby's gender to our friends and family.

Supplies: Dish soap, Metallic Acrylic Craft Paint, Contact Paper, marker, brush, card stock paper

Directions:
Write the word you want to scratch out with a marker on the card stock paper.  Cut and place Contact Paper over the word. (If you don't place the contact paper, it makes it very difficult to scratch off)
In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp. of Metallic Paint with 1 tsp. of dish soap.
Paint over the Contact Paper and let dry.

Scratch off the paint with a coin for the revealing!
It's a BOY!!
 
This is the card I made to give to our family.  I put it in an envelope with a coin inside.  I even mailed one to my grandpa who lives out of town.  I know he will get a kick out of it!
outside
inside
If you would like your own copy to print or share you can get it here.  This scratch-off paint was too fun!

What are your ideas to use with scratch-off paint?  Please comment below so we can all see!



13 comments:

  1. Great idea! Does this mean baby #3 is a boy?!? Congrats, I bet Dusty is excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, oh boy! Yes! I'm a little nervous and Dusty is extremely excited!

      Delete
  2. Yay! So exciting!! Love, love, love the reveal idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Something a little extra to put in baby #3's baby book.

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute, unique idea. Makes me want to try for baby #3 haha. If only the economy were a bit better since I have two boys I wouldn't mind trying to see if God would grant us a baby girl. Love the idea! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, April Fools is coming up...just kidding;) I know my mom wouldn't enjoy that joke.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your ideas! Can't wait to become an active follower of your blogs! And congratulations on the upcoming BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I get the contact paper

    ReplyDelete